Current devices on which eBooks may be loaded:
- All Microsoft devices
- All Android devices (tablets and phones)
- iOS devices running iOS 4.0 and higher (tablets and phones)
- Kindle Fire (regular Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite not supported)
- Nook, Color Nook, Sony or Kobo eReaders
The Magic Wall is where you will find Burbank Public Library's eBooks.
Blio is the app you will install on your device in order to read your eBook.
Axis 360 is the app you will install on your device in order to listen to your audiobook.
Both apps are available in the Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
How to check out eBooks and eAudio books with your Burbank Library card and PIN:
- Visit the Burbank Public Library's MAGIC WALL and click on the LOG IN link at the top right corner of the screen. Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Click on MY ACCOUNT to add your Blio ID.
- If you do not have a Blio ID, click CREATE NEW BLIO ACCOUNT at the bottom of the login screen.
- Browse or search for eBooks or audiobooks at the MAGIC WALL and select up to 5 items for checkout. Click on CHECK OUT NOW for a 21-Day checkout of your titles.
- Select the green CONFIRM CHECKOUT link at the bottom of your page.
- Open your Blio app and login, then tap on the book cover to start reading.
Need More help?
For more information call the Reference Desk at (818) 238-5580.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is my device compatible?
A: Cloud-based delivery allows for use on iOS, Android, and Windows tablets and smartphones.
Q: How can I load Blio on my Kindle Fire?
A: Instructions for Kindle Fire. (not compatible with Kindle or Kindle Paperwhite).
Q: How can I read Burbank Public Library eBooks on my Nook (Color Nook, Sony or Kobo)?
A: Instructions for a Nook.
Q: Can I return an eBook early?
A: Though titles are set to expire automatically, most devices will also allow you to return eBooks early.
Q: How long is my checkout period?
A: The option CHECKOUT NOW loans the title for 21 days, while ADD TO CHECKOUT LIST allows you to shrink your checkout period to as few as 3 days.
Q: Can I renew an eBook?
A: Patrons can renew eBooks provided there is no active holds list for that title.
Find more sources for free eBooks.